- Implement teaching innovation and improve teaching quality
(1) Curriculum: Offer cross-disciplinary courses, collaborative teaching by both professionals and teachers, practical projects, innovative entrepreneurship courses and professional English courses, participation in industry cooperation and visits; strengthen students' mathematical logic and Chinese reading and writing skills supplemented by liberal arts micro-courses and arts cultural activities to cultivate outstanding talents with both professionalism and humanities.
(2) Teachers: Develop innovative teaching models, encourage teachers to set up professional communities, and conduct in-depth practical research at home and abroad; actively train three creative teachers and provide teachers and students with innovative research and development funds.
(3) Highlights: 1) In 2018, the rate of passing the national examination for nurse practitioners by general students was 84%, and the rate of passing the national examination for nurse practitioners by aboriginal students was 77.27%, which were both higher than the national passing rate of 51.56%; in 2019, the rate of passing the national examination for nurse practitioners by general students was 80.58%, the rate of passing the national examination for nurse practitioners by aboriginal students was 67.11%, which were both higher than the national passing rate of 49.08%; 2) professional English courses improve students' professional foreign language proficiency, and the students have repeatedly achieved good results in competitions; 3) in January 2019, the ratio of teachers to students was 17.8:1, which is higher than the Ministry of Education standard of 27:1.
- Develop university characteristics
(1) R&D and industrial cooperation: Encourage teachers and students to engage in research and development, patents for invention, innovation and entrepreneurship, industrial cooperation, and local creation.
(2) Strengthen international exchanges: Arrange international lectures or courses, exchange visits and exchanges with international friendly universities, and provide overseas volunteer services to expand international vision.
(3) Inherit indigenous culture: Construct a network of diverse cultural characteristics and industrial chain resources; offer relevant cultural courses and tribal experiences; integrate the university's Southeast Asia area and audiovisual book resources to create a featured teaching field.
(4) Highlights: 1) 26 teachers and 213 students were selected and subsidized to go to 14 countries in Europe, America, Asia, etc. for internships, competitions, study and volunteer services from 2018 to 2019 by making use of the resources of overseas Tzu Chi branches; 2) produce medical and nursing electronic audiobooks of ethnic language, aboriginal’s studio documentaries and aboriginal teaching CD-ROM, and construct aboriginal teaching resource network and new aboriginal teaching resource platform, etc.
III. Improve the public nature of higher education
(1) Assist economically or culturally disadvantaged students: Provide academic guidance, incentives and student assistance measures.
(2) Create a friendly environment: Provide entrepreneurship and employment counseling seminars, workshops or visits.
(3) Strengthen aesthetics and cultural literacy: Organize a series of activities of scholar gatherings, academic competitions, cultural and artistic appreciation, etc., for on-site visits to enhance civic literacy and humanistic vision.
(4) Highlights: 1) the five-track tutoring mechanism can effectively play the effectiveness of tutoring and learning; 2) combine internal and external resources to provide multiple assistances for economically or culturally disadvantaged students.
- Perform social responsibility
(1) Set up a healthy reading story house: Guide reading activities and lectures on healthy picture books to enhance parental reading education knowledge; develop students' ability to guide and express, combine professional knowledge, and implement service learning.
(2) Set up a health promotion action vehicle: Use books, picture books and coffee equipment to go to rural areas to provide stationed health services, and implement lifelong learning.
(3) Provide learning resources and promote social services: Invite teachers and students from eastern universities to visit and experience, and enhance cooperation and interaction.
(4) Highlights: 1) become the first health-themed picture book library in Taiwan with story picture book design activities or hand-made experiences by the joint efforts of teacher and student volunteers inside and outside the university; 2) choose suitable health story picture books to extend the service targets from children to the elderly; 3) strengthen local learning, expand community services, and fulfill social education responsibilities.
- Strengthen teaching support system
(1) Provide teachers with teaching support system: Formulate relevant methods to reward teachers for teaching and improve teachers' practical ability.
(2) Establish a university affairs research system (IR): Establish a database to provide statistical analysis of issues as a reference for administrative improvement and teaching improvement.
(3) Highlights: 1) the various teaching subsidy and reward methods are complete by combining the teaching guidance mechanism and the flexible salary reward system to promote the development of teachers' teaching; 2) the university affairs research system is promoted, and the data analysis model is established as a basis for enrollment strategy, curriculum adjustment and teaching improvement.